Why Practice Agile Project Management?
Over the past 8-12 years,implementation of agile project management methodologies has grown up. Agile project management is an iterative approach to delivering a project throughout its life cycle.
1. The project breaks a requirement into smaller pieces, which are then prioritized by the team in terms of importance.
2. The agile project promotes collaborative working, especially with the customer.
3. With its focus on continued evolution and collaboration, the methodology targets organizations dealing with rapid to-market deadlines, shifting priorities, high stakeholder engagement, and a need for flexibility in other words, most businesses today.
Project responsibilities are divided into three different roles
Product Owner: This person is responsible for setting project goals, managing the scope of the project, adapting when project requirements change, and setting priorities for product features.
Scrum Master: They are responsible for guiding the team, prioritizing project tasks, and removing impediments.
Team Member: Team members are in charge of handling most of the task assignments, daily detail management, quality control, and reporting on the overall progress of the project.
Benefits Of Agile Project Management Are:
1.Increased frequency of collaboration and feedback between team and customer.
2. Reduced risk as a scrum team always develops a working product with higher product quality.
3. Increased focus on the specific needs of customers.