Why Mobile Application Testing is important?
Now days, mobile testing is very important every day. Today, most of people prefer to access Internet from mobile devices anytime, anywhere. In free time or somewhere in-between, people prefer to use mobile application and finish their work on a click like paying bills, transfer money, register complaints etc. Regular evaluation of your testing approaches can help you release apps with more confidence.
Key challenges for mobile application testing:
1. Diversity in OS: There are different mobile operating systems in the market. Majorly are Android, iOS. Each operating system has its own limitations.
2. Compatibility: It is necessary to test the compatibility, sometimes application work on high resolution but now on low resolution.
3. Downloadable: The application must be obtainable for the particular platform, generally from an app store.
4. Method: Testing on real devices or testing on emulators. Sometimes emulator misses issues in comparison to real devices.
5. Battery Consumption: Application should not consume more battery of mobile.
6. Multitasking: While using a particular application, mobile should allow performing other tasks also like pickup phone, send text messages etc.
Types of mobile application testing:
1. Functional Testing: It ensures the functionality or flow of application should work correctly.
2. Usability testing: Mobile application should be easy in use and provides satisfaction to end user.
3. Performance Testing: It ensures performance of application should be smooth while changing connection, sharing files etc.
4. Security Testing: It checks for vulnerabilities to hacking, authentication and authorization policies, data security, session management and other security standards.
5. Operational Testing: Testing of backups and recovery plan if a battery goes down, or data loss while upgrading the application from a store.
6. Compatibility Testing: Testing of the application in different mobiles devices, browsers, screen sizes and OS versions according to the requirements.